Everyone knows that the most suitable temperature for laying hens is between 13 and 23 degrees. During the hot summer, high temperature and high humidity are the most difficult season for chickens. The intense heat makes the chickens wheezing for a long time. When the temperature exceeds 30 degrees, The chicken will experience a state of heat stress, showing prolonged wheezing, increased drinking water, insufficient feed intake, decreased egg production, reduced egg weight, thinned eggshell, increased broken egg rate, decreased resistance, and increased mortality. Wait. Therefore, it is very important to adopt a reasonable and effective feeding management to maintain the high production of laying hens in summer.
1. Improve the inside and outside environment of the chicken house and strengthen the function of cooling and preventing heatstroke
a. Try to enhance the insulation of roofs and walls and reduce the solar radiant heat entering the house.
b. Set up a shade net or awning outside the window to prevent direct sunlight from the chickens.
c. Shepherd's insistence on removing feces every day reduces the heat produced by the feces in the house.
d, to improve the ventilation conditions, conditional chicken farms can use vertical ventilation. Naturally ventilated houses should be ventilated as much as possible. If the area of â€‹â€‹the roof skylight is increased, the effect is better.
2. How to reasonably strengthen measures for preventing heatstroke;
a. Increasing the wind speed in the house can take away the heat produced by the chicken body. If the wind speed in the house can reach 1-1.5 m/s, the chicken's heat stress can be reduced.
b. After the house has a certain wind speed, it can be sprayed in the house. The use of water evaporation to reduce the temperature of the house can generally have obvious effects. However, it is worth noting that in the case of small indoor wind speed, do not spray to reduce temperature, spray at this time is not conducive to the body's heat dissipation of chickens, chicken farms can be conditional vertical ventilation to install wet curtains, basically can guarantee the safety of chickens Summer.
c. Allow the chicken to drink cool water. The drinking water with lower temperature can reduce the chicken's heat stress. You can use cool groundwater. You should put water at the end of the water pipe for about 2 hours to make the water temperature in the water pipe lower.
d, can be installed on the roof of the house insulation or brush white paint, smear white ash, to avoid direct sunlight on the roof, in order to reduce the intensity of sunlight irradiation, reduce heat absorption.
e. Doing a good job of environmental greening around chicken houses can reduce radiant heat, absorb carbon dioxide, reduce dust density, and purify indoor and outdoor air. Planting tall trees or taking a pergola at a height of 2 to 3 meters from the sun surface of the chicken house can increase the shade surface of the house. Planting vine plants outside the house will allow it to climb in the roof without affecting normal ventilation. The shade cools; turf is planted on the ground, which reduces radiant heat.
3. How to improve the condition of the chicken group to improve heat stress;
a. Change the feeding time and increase the number of feedings to increase the feed intake of the chicken. Feed 5 times a day, 3 times before 11:00, 2 times after 15:00. After 10 to 15 minutes from 4:00 to 5:00, on the first time, 17:00 to 18:00 for the last time, and 13:00 to 15:00 to stop feeding, to minimize the number of chickens. activity.
b. Reducing the rearing density The appropriate reduction of the density of the flock can reduce the temperature of the house and improve the crowdedness during eating and drinking. For caged laying hens, 0.4 m2 per cage and 3 cages per cage are appropriate; 3 to 5 hens per square metre of laying hens should be appropriate, and 250 broilers per group should be appropriate.
c. During the summer heat, chickens have a low feed intake. In order to meet the nutritional needs of the chicken body for energy and protein, the nutrient concentration of the feed should be increased. It is possible to add high-absorption fats and oils to the feed. The only way to increase the protein in the feed is to prevent heatstroke. Too much protein and extra amino acids will increase the heat production of the chicken body when converted into energy. The exact method is not to increase the content of crude protein but to increase the quality of the protein, and to increase the utilization of the protein by adding methionine and lysine.
4, how to use drugs to improve the ability of chickens to resist heat stress
a. In order to improve the chicken's ability to resist heat stress, it can be used in feeds and can be added in the drinking water. The recommended dosage of VC is 10 kg/g. In severe cases, it can be doubled.
b. During the cool summer period, the chicken has a long respite and the amount of carbon dioxide in the blood is insufficient, affecting the acid-base balance in the blood and affecting the quality of the eggshell. To improve this situation, 0.2% of the feed or drinking water can be added. Sodium bicarbonate, also due to large amounts of drinking water, water excretion is also large, and took away the salt of the digestive tract, in order to maintain the electrolytic balance of the digestive tract, you can add about 0.2% of potassium chloride in the feed.
c. It is also necessary to regularly add antibiotics or use probiotics to maintain the flora of the digestive tract because the amount of drinking water is too large and the digestive fluid is diluted to weaken the digestion and defense capabilities of the digestive tract.
5. Chicken diseases that often occur in the summer
In the heat of the summer, under the condition of heat stress, the immunity and disease resistance of the flock are very low, and it is easy to have some infectious diseases. Therefore, in the summer, be careful about the following chicken diseases and do a good job of chicken health care.
a. Fowl cholera, E. coli
b. Necrotic enteritis
c. Coccidiosis, enterotoxicosis
e, Newcastle disease, Bursa, etc.
Everyone knows that chickens need to cool off during the summer. However, due to improper methods, the heatstroke may not be ideal, or it may have the opposite effect. Several suggestions are hopeful for your reference.
1. Vitamin C is the best medicine for sunstroke-preventing and cooling, but it must be increased or used in large doses in summer; it is recommended to double use, or be more appropriate.
2. Sodium bicarbonate and VC can not be used in the same period, will reduce the effect.
3. The early summer period, that is, the use of VC to relieve extreme stress in the early days of hot days; the later days can use low-cost baking soda 0.2% spices to mitigate the series of reactions caused by respiratory acidosis.
4. In hot weather, especially at noon, do not spray water in the chicken house, and do not sprinkle water on the ground. Such a high-temperature, high-humidity chicken can easily die! It is possible that chickens will die in a very short time after you spray or water! Especially in a chicken house without an electric ventilation system.
5. Water can be sprayed on the roof outside the house, which can reduce the temperature in the house to 3-4 degrees.
6. Bicarbonate 0.2% condiment is not recommended for long-term use, so as to avoid elevated intestinal pH, change the growth environment of beneficial bacteria and stimulate the side effects of the gastrointestinal tract.
7, can be appropriate to use some Chinese herbal ice mint and other compound preparations to apply.
8. In the treatment of heatstroke flock, you must use VC plus at the same time must add positive or pulsatilla powder or neomycin, colistin, lincomycin and other effective drugs for enteritis!
Vegetable & Fruit Juice Powder
Vegetable & Fruit Juice Powder
Excellent Health Products Co.,Ltd. , http://www.sino-excellent.com